This cannot last four years. Who is Trump? The elusive everyone and no one. He is the illiterate, sociopathic, narcisstic liar that all his little Zombies love. How can we categorize his zombie army?
- 60% of his zombie army are racist bigoted assholes. The troll army has its hero. The Troll-in-chief. Twitter perfected.
- 30% of his zombie army are just plain stupid. They don’t know any better. They believe everything. They know nothing.
- 10% are simply naïve. It can’t happen here. It will all work out. It really isn’t all that bad. Really?
Who does he represent? At various times he is a reincarnation of:
- Silvio Berlusconi– The crook the Italians cannot rid themselves of
- Benito Mussolini — Puckered lower lip
- Girolamo Savonarola — Florentine Monk who created the Bonfire of the Vanities
- PT Barnum– There’s a sucker born every minute
- Randolph Hearst– Lost childhood searching for Rose Bud
- Roman Emperor Caligula
- The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
What does he represent?
- The master manipulator. Just keep barking up the wrong tree
- The master carnival barker. Step right up. I will entertain you.
- The master magician. – Watch the one hand while the other hand is picking your pockets dry
- The master Hypnotist – Believe me. Believe me. Believe me.
- 1984 Big Brother
- All the exccesses of the Roman Circus
Everyone and no one.
When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental…
So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack, or count himself lost. His one aim is to disarm suspicion, to arouse confidence in his orthodoxy, to avoid challenge. …
All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most easily adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum.
The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men.
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.
We move toward a lofty ideal.
On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
HL Mencken July 26, 1920